SubjectRe: Dynticks Causing High Context Switch Rate in ksoftirqd
On Nov 29, 2007 9:11 AM,  <bdupree@techfinesse.com> wrote:

> These are good points. However, on the Slack 10.2 box I repeated these
> measurements with all userspace code quiesced. No daemons running except
> for those that are kernel threads. Secondly, I do run dynticks kernels on
> other Slackware 10.2 boxen without these issues. The hardware may not be
> identical, e.g. Xeons with Intel E7501 chipsets or Opterons with AMD 8131
> chipsets, but I don't see any of this weirdness. Maybe I'll fire up Slack
> 10.2 on spare partition on the other (almost) identical machine and see if
> it exhibits this problem.

Any way you can narrow down the problem space will help, as there are
a lot of variables right now.

Also, please keep the kernel list CC:d so others who are lurking can
see what's going on, and not ask for duplicate data.

  Last update: 2007-11-29 18:41    [W:1.362 / U:0.572 seconds]