    SubjectRe: + proc-fix-the-threaded-proc-self.patch added to -mm tree
    Date
    ebiederm@xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

    > I am not certain the two components make sense as we have a possible
    > permission problem where it is remotely possible that a task will
    > have permission to access /proc/<tid> but not /proc/<tgid>.

    Got it. I can totally avoid in permission issues by having a
    follow_link method that just goes to the target directory without
    checking permissions as we go.

    So in the worst case with weird selinux permission rules you
    might be able to access /proc/task but not /proc/self or
    /proc/task/..

    At least for what I care about, weird cases with unshare where the
    mounts and the other namespaces may be different between threads in
    someones home rolled thread package that uses CLONE_THREAD
    we should be ok.

    Eric

      Last update: 2007-11-28 12:47    [W:0.090 / U:0.288 seconds]