    SubjectRe: Out of tree module using LSM
    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:46:13 GMT, Christoph Hellwig said:
    > On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:38:43AM -0800, Casey Schaufler wrote:
    > > Would you like to expound on that, or do you feel your claws
    > > are sharp enough already?
    > Just take a look at code.

    Just to clarify - you're OK with the *concept* (a security model that determines
    whether you can do an I/O based on the content), it's just their code that's

    (Note that the concept has interesting implications in the other direction as
    well - rather than stopping you from reading a file that has malware, you could
    in theory write an anti-export package that would let you write onto external
    memory or outbound e-mail, but prevent the write if it was corporate-sensitive
    data, or whatever. Yes, I *know* a smart attacker can bypass it by simply
    crypting/compressing it first - but the vast majority of attackers aren't
    smart, and will just use 'cp' or the GUI equivalent to move the secret design
    documents onto the USB key... )
      Last update: 2007-11-28 19:19    [W:0.018 / U:7.268 seconds]