SubjectRe: [i2c] [2.6 patch] some overdue I2C driver removal
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 12:43:00PM -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Hasn't their been a one year notice that these drivers were going to
> be removed? How about removing them and putting them into a tarball on
> the i2c web site with a note explaining about how they need to be
> updated to use the gpio driver? Then if someone really wants to use
> the old drivers they can use them out of tree.

It hasn't been a year - they were added to feature-removal on May 1st.

However, not all the relevant people were made aware of that fact.
Yes, Deepak was copied on that message, but I think he's moved on to
other things. On the other hand, Lennert (who is listed as IXP2000
maintainer) is completely unaware of these drivers being marked

Russell King
Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
maintainer of: