    SubjectRe: laptop reboots right after hibernation
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Sunday, 18 of November 2007, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
    >> Pavel Machek wrote:
    >>> Hi!
    >>> If it works in older ubuntu, you can probably do bisect. Does normal
    >>> shutdown work? You can try platform vs. shutdown mode...
    >> I forgot, normal shutdown (init 0) works, the 'shutdown' command fails
    >> somewhere in the gentoo init scripts, but that has nothing to do with
    >> the kernel. 'init 6' also works. Both regardless of where the notebook
    >> is (dock or outside).
    > Please verify if you have the ehci_hcd driver loaded when the box is in the
    > dock. If so, please try to unload it before hibernation and see if the box
    > will reboot.

    I had to recompile the kernel because I have a monolithic kernel with as
    many components as possible compiled in. But after I disabled the whole
    USB subsystem, the laptop doesn't reboot anymore after hibernation. Is
    that a bug in the usb driver or are users supposed to unload ehci_hcd
    each time before hibernation? In the former case, I'd be willing to help

      Last update: 2007-11-22 13:03    [W:0.023 / U:43.928 seconds]