    SubjectRe: System reboot triggered by just reading a device file....!?
    >There is.. it's called "root privileges".
    yes, true.

    but - regardless of being a windows app or not - what if you want to take a look on your system as a whole, especially when using some tool which graphically shows how and where your diskspace is being used? if i let this run from ordinary useraccount it would get lot`s of "permission denied" and then it`s only telling half of the truth.....

    >I'd say running pretty much anything through Wine as root is
    > not a good idea, a Windows app could hose the system without even
    > meaning to through exactly such things.
    yes, true indeed. but maybe wine has an option to sandbox the windows app to do only r/o access. if that feature doesn`t exist, (set r/o flag to dosdevices) maybe it would be an useful addon.
    but that`s OT here....