SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc2-mm1: kcryptd vs lockdep
Torsten Kaiser wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 10:00 PM, Milan Broz <mbroz@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Torsten Kaiser wrote:
>>> Anything I could try, apart from more boots with slub_debug=F?
>
> One time it triggered with slub_debug=F, but no additional output.
> With slub_debug=FP I have not seen it again, so I can't say if that
> would yield more info.
>
>> Please could you try which patch from the dm-crypt series cause this ?
>> (agk-dm-dm-crypt* names.)
>>
>> I suspect agk-dm-dm-crypt-move-bio-submission-to-thread.patch because
>> there is one work struct used subsequently in two threads...
>> (io thread already started while crypt thread is processing lockdep_map
>> after calling f(work)...)
>
> After reverting only
> agk-dm-dm-crypt-move-bio-submission-to-thread.patch I also have not
> seen the 'held lock freed' message again.

Ok, then I have question: Is the following pseudocode correct
(and problem is in lock validation which checks something
already initialized for another queue) or reusing work_struct
is not permitted from inside called work function ?

(Note comment in code "It is permissible to free the struct
work_struct from inside the function that is called from it".)

struct work_struct work;
struct workqueue_struct *a, *b;

do_b(*work)
{