    SubjectRe: apm emulation driver broken ?
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Sunday, 18 of November 2007, Franck Bui-Huu wrote:
    >> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    >> See the call to wait_even() made by apm_ioctl(). If any processes
    >> run this, it will prevent the system to suspend...
    > True, but does it actually happen in practice?

    when several processes are waiting for a suspend event.

    > At this point the second branch of the "if (as->suspend_state == SUSPEND_READ)"
    > can be fixed by replacing wait_event_interruptible() with
    > wait_event_freezable(),

    > but the fix for the first branch depends on whether or
    > not the wait_event() is really necessary.

    As I said I don't know. It's probably time to put some people
    on CC but don't know who though.

    > If it can be replaced with an interruptible sleep, we can use
    > wait_event_freezable() in this case too. Otherwise, the only woking fix would
    > be to reintroduce the PF_NOFREEZE in there.

    BTW, why not raising PF_NOFREEZE in wait_event(), so thread sleeping
    in UNINTERRUPTIBLE state won't prevent suspend to happen ?

      Last update: 2007-11-19 14:07    [W:0.033 / U:6.836 seconds]