    SubjectRe: Is it possible to give the user the option to cancel forkbombs?
    > > I would like to see something done about this, with Ubuntu as popular as
    > > it is, even as a server in some cases. Is there a way that in the
    > > future, one could simply download a package or click a box or something
    > > and have a limit set, like the links suggest? That would make things
    > > just "that much" more convenient for system administrators (and might
    > > help them/us to remember to set these limits, too...).
    > If you don't know which limits to set and need a package for them, your
    > job title should not be system administrator.

    Thats a very arrogant viewpoint. I don't have to be a TV engineer to use
    my television.

    Distributions should be providing sensible defaults out of the box. The
    kernel already provides them the mechanisms.

      Last update: 2007-11-17 11:43    [W:0.021 / U:14.160 seconds]