    SubjectRe: [perfmon] Re: [perfmon2] perfmon2 merge news
    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:24:36 +1100 Paul Mackerras <> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton writes:
    > > I was hoping that after the round of release-and-review which Stephane,
    > > Andi and I did about twelve months ago that we were on track to merge the
    > > perfmon codebase as-offered. But now it turns out that the sentiment is
    > > that the code simply has too many bells-and-whistles to be acceptable.
    > Whose sentiment?

    Andi and hch, maybe others I've forgotten about.

    > I've had a bit of a look at it today together with David Gibson. Our
    > impression is that the latest version is a lot cleaner and simpler
    > than it used to be. I'm also reading Stephane's technical report
    > which describes the interface, and whilst I'm only part-way through
    > it, I haven't seen anything yet which strikes me as unnecessary or
    > overly complicated.

    Yes, that's quite possible. I don't know how up-to-date people's
    knowledge is. I know I haven't looked seriously at the code in around
    twelve months.

    Let's get it on the wires as outlined and take a look at it all.

      Last update: 2007-11-14 08:43    [W:0.022 / U:6.912 seconds]