    SubjectRe: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs
    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:32:19 +0000 Russell King <> wrote:

    > There's another issue I want to raise concerning bugzilla. We have the
    > classic case of "not enough people reading bugzilla bugs" - which is one
    > of the biggest problems with bugzilla. Virtually no one in the ARM
    > community looks for ARM bugs in bugzilla.

    Nor should they.

    > Let's not forget that it would be a waste of time for people to manually
    > check bugzilla for ARM bugs. There's soo few people reporting ARM bugs
    > into bugzilla that a weekly manual check by every maintainer would just
    > return the same old boring results for months and months at a time.

    I screen all bugzilla reports. 100% of them.

    - I'll try to establish whether it is a regression

    - I'll solicit any extra information which I believe the reveloper will need

    - I'll ensure that an appropriate developer has seen the report

    And yes, the number of arm-specific reports in there is very small.

    > It would be far more productive if the ARM category was deleted from
    > bugzilla and the few people who use bugzilla reported their bugs on the
    > mailing list. We've a couple of thousand people on the ARM kernel
    > mailing list at the moment - that's 3 orders of magnitude more of eyes
    > than look at bugzilla.

    Is that

    If so, MANITAINERS claims that it is subscribers-only. That would cause
    some bug reporters to give up and go away.

      Last update: 2007-11-13 21:55    [W:0.020 / U:67.632 seconds]