    SubjectRe: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs
    Theodore Tso wrote:
    > On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 04:52:32PM +0100, Benoit Boissinot wrote:
    >> Btw, I used to test every -mm kernel. But since I've switched distros
    >> (gentoo->ubuntu)
    >> and I have less time, I feel it's harder to test -rc or -mm kernels (I
    >> know this isn't a lkml problem
    >> but more a distro problem, but I would love having an ubuntu blessed
    >> repo with current dev kernel
    >> for the latest stable ubuntu release).
    >
    > There are two parts to this. One is a Ubuntu development kernel which
    > we can give to large numbers of people to expand our testing pool.
    > But if we don't do a better job of responding to bug reports that
    > would be generated by expanded testing this won't necessarily help us.

    I'm very encouraged to read of your expanded testing efforts. As a bcm43xx developer, Ubuntu has
    been our problem distro, mostly because your standard kernels have debugging turned off for bcm43xx.
    When a Ubuntu user reports a problem and we ask for the relevant output from dmesg, they have no
    information. I ask two things of all distros: (1) Turn on debugging - we don't spam the logs that
    badly, and (2) forward any bugs found by your testing to the maintainer, and/or the bcm43xx mailing
    list.

    Thanks,

    Larry

      Last update: 2007-11-13 18:37    [W:0.021 / U:0.600 seconds]