    SubjectRe: [RFC! 10/13] Char: nozomi, fix tty_flip_buffer_push
    On Samstag 10 November 2007 00:49:32, you (Jiri Slaby) wrote:
    > Especially on this I would like to see feedback. Unlock and lock the
    > spinlock just around the tty_flip_buffer_push would be much more easier, but
    > won't it break anything?
    > --
    > nozomi, fix tty_flip_buffer_push
    > tty_flip_buffer_push call may deadlock when invoking it while holding
    > spinlock used in e.g. throttle too. Nozomi sets low_latency tty and that
    > means, that ldisc flush will be called immediately and it can call some
    > nozomi functions back. Solve it by invoking tty_flip_buffer_push after
    > releasing the spinlock.

    IMHO its a brilliant idea to defer it this way to a safe place. I just
    had to adapt the type of flip to "usigned long" (otherwise gcc spits
    warnings around).
    Eventhough i never ran in such a deadlock of course it looks much safer
    now this way. I tested this patch and it seems to not break anything.

    Applied without changes.

    Thanks a lot,

      Last update: 2007-11-10 16:47    [W:0.029 / U:56.824 seconds]