    SubjectRe: [build bug, 2.6.24-rc1] CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=m & CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7146_VV=y
    On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Trent Piepho <> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > > the attached config (generated via make randconfig) fails to build due
    > > > to the combination of these config entries:
    > > >
    > > > CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=m
    > > > CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7146_VV=y
    > > >
    > > > i found no obvious Kconfig way to force VIDEO_SAA7146_VV to be modular
    > > > when VIDEO_DEV is modular - is there a good solution for this?
    > >
    > > I guess you didn't like my reply to your first message about this?
    > >

    > > kbuild support for modules used as libraries is really poor. The only
    > > way to do is use select on the library module, and then have all the
    > > dependencies of the selectee be included in the selector, which must
    > > be done recursively so that any modules selected by the selectee have
    > > their dependencies added to the selector.
    > any patch for me to try? This bug is blocking automated randconfig
    > build-testing quite frequently so it's quite a showstopper.

    For some time now I've thought the whole ttpci config/makefile setup
    sucked. I've finally gone though and redone it and fixed this problem too.

    Here is the patch:

    All the rest of the selectors of VIDEO_SAA7146_VV are in the V4L menu,
    which contains the necessary dependency on VIDEO_DEV.

    Of course the real fix here would be have kbuild not force us to manually
    add all the recursive dependencies of a selected module to the dependencies
    of the module that selects it.

      Last update: 2007-11-01 11:37    [W:0.047 / U:4.664 seconds]