    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT] kbuild: save ARCH & CROSS_COMPILE

    > What about, that this is the first ever prompt, that must be shown and
    > written to the .config?
    Two issues to fix before we can do this:
    1) chocie values cannot have more than one prompt
    2) We need to share much more Kconfig* between the individual architectures
    First step is to let all arch's use drivers/Kconfig

    Let's get the two items above solved then we can revisit adding arch selection
    to kconfig (where it belongs in the end).
    And neither require a rewrite of kconfig...

    > Also, i'd like to propose sequencing of config-enable-build-this-unit
    > in config file(s), thus Makefile(s) (sometimes very small and stupid)
    > will be not necessary. Additional link ordering can be supplied as
    > meta-config information there. Shell scripting, very ugly in the view
    > of make syntax, will be natural in config files. Extending build
    > process to get hidden dependencies or right linking/other magic is
    > part of particular configuration. Hm?
    Discussed before but so far no patches has shown up.

    Sam

      Last update: 2007-10-09 06:19    [W:0.019 / U:1.152 seconds]