SubjectRe: [Linux-usb-users] OHCI root_port_reset() deadly loop...
From
From: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:42:34 -0400 (EDT)

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > > Anyway, it certainly would be easy enough to make port resets mutually
> > > exclusive with EHCI initialization. That would work on any platform,
> > > PCI or not.
> >
> > That's a good idea, any thoughts as to how to do this? I think I can
> > find some Intel and Dell people who would be glad to test this out if
> > you have a proposed patch.
>
> Here is a proposed patch. I haven't tried running it, but it compiles
> okay.

Are we sure that this is the only event that causes the conflicts between
the EHCI and it's companion virtual OHCI/UHCI host(s)?

Is there a chip reset done to the EHCI controller early during device
probe that could cause problems too?

I know it's grotty, but I definitely feel more comfortable with the
fix involving making sure EHCI loads and fully probes first.

  Last update: 2007-10-09 23:29    [W:0.069 / U:1.372 seconds]