    SubjectRe: x86-64 sporadic hang in 2.6.23rc7 and 2.6.22
    Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    >>> Can you switch to serial console, so we can get some information out of
    >>> that box? Sysrq-B is working, so we can get info from other sysrq
    >>> functions as well.
    >> I didn't need the serial - it crashes during console work too.
    >> I think a "make clean" was in progress at the time. There must be work going
    >> on in order to crash.
    >> This time 2.6.22rc4 died on me with a general protection fault
    >> I got two reports, the first one scrolled partially off screen but
    >> the whole trace was there:
    > That's why I asked for a serial console. That way we can get all the
    > information from the reports including the register dumps ....
    I got another crash - with a full dump. I have also discovered
    files with lots of single-bit errors, so this is probably just some kind
    of hw problem. :-(

    Replace mermory or the motherboard with everything on it . . . :-(

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2007-10-09 00:39    [W:0.023 / U:0.976 seconds]