SubjectRe: Bug #4580: hda: lost interrupt when resuming from S3 - Sony VGN-T1XP

On Sunday 07 October 2007, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi,
> IDE/ATA wizzards are kindly requested to have a look at:
> as I have no idea of what we can do about the "hard drive password vs suspend"
> problem, if anything.

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEACPI=y is not enough since IDE ACPI _GTF support is disabled
by default. To enable it "ide=acpigtf" kernel parameter should be used.

Sometimes it may be also worth to try enabling usage of IDE ACPI methods on
boot ("ide=acpionboot" kernel parameter) which is also disabled by default.

We probably should switch both options to be on by default if recent libata
transition to ACPI on by default turns out to be successful.

PS I've updated bug #4580 accordingly.