    SubjectRe: [13/18] x86_64: Allow fallback for the stack
    On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

    > > The problem can become non-rare on special low memory machines doing wild
    > > swapping things though.
    > But only your huge systems will be using huge stacks?

    I have no idea who else would be using such a feature. Relaxing the tight
    memory restrictions on stack use may allow placing larger structures on
    the stack in general.

    I have some concerns about the medium NUMA systems (a few dozen of nodes)
    also running out of stack since more data is placed on the stack through
    the policy layer and since we may end up with a couple of stacked
    filesystems. Most of the current NUMA systems on x86_64 are basically
    two nodes on one motherboard. The use of NUMA controls is likely
    limited there and the complexity of the filesystems is also not high.

      Last update: 2007-10-08 19:39    [W:0.019 / U:8.828 seconds]