SubjectRe: "Fix ATAPI transfer lengths" causes CD writing regression
> The nutty app I was using for burning is Brasero, a GNOME app which does
> some SG_IO directly with the drive. (I guess it has some bad error
> handling and doesn't realise when some I/O path has failed)

I would guess Brasero is issuing a command with the length of data
wrongly set. In the old code that might well just produce errors of the
"Umm wtf is this data left over for ?", with the new code the drive is
likely to change state as it knows the transfer size and that will
*correctly* cause an HSM error and what follows.

Now the question is who gets the length wrong - Brasero or the ata
translation code in libata

Alan

  Last update: 2007-10-30 20:07    [W:0.121 / U:0.064 seconds]