    SubjectRe: [BUG] [linux-pm] Commit "Hibernation: Enter platform hibernation state in a consistent way)" makes my system to resume instantly from S4
    Date
    On Monday 29 October 2007 22:37:37 Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Monday, 29 October 2007 07:45, Maxim Levitsky wrote:

    > > > Hm, can you please retest with the above commit applied, but with
    > > > device_suspend() in hibernation_platform_enter() replaced by device_shutdown()?
    > > Bingo! doing the above fixes this problem.
    > > And... strange, since I did test the system with e1000 unloaded, but still got same bug,
    > > back when I chased that bug, thus it is probably not related to e1000 and WOL.
    > >
    > > the ACPI wake-up source (I have read the DSDT, and ICH datasheets, thus I know that this is a set of bits in southbridge)
    > > of e1000 is shared with EHCI and HDA sound codec.
    > > (But usb on my system only able to wake from S3, and the soundchip which can theoretically wake up from S3 too, doesn't have this ability)
    > >
    > > (But disabling this wakeup source, fixes this bug too)
    >
    > OK
    >
    > Please get back to device_suspend() in hibernation_platform_enter() and try
    > to unload ehci_hcd before hibernation with the wakeup source enabled.
    Well, ... bingo! again!

    Replacing back the device_suspend() , and unloading the ehci_hcd fixes the problem!
    Even more, loading this module back causes this problem to reappear, and vise-verso.
    All wakeup sources are enabled always.

    Note that I don't have any USB 2.0 devices yet.
    The usb devices I have are: keyboard,mouse,and joystick.

    So now this problem looks fixable, I take a look at ehci driver.

    > Greetings,
    > Rafael

    Big thanks again,
    Best regards,
    Maxim Levitsky

      Last update: 2007-10-29 23:41    [W:0.025 / U:0.156 seconds]