    SubjectRE: epoll design problems with common fork/exec patterns
    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, David Schwartz wrote:

    > I don't see how that can be. Suppose I add fd 8 to an epoll set. Suppose fd
    > 5 is a dup of fd 8. Now, I close fd 8. How can fd 8 remain in my epoll set,
    > since there no longer is an fd 8? Events on files registered for epoll
    > notification are reported by descriptor, so the set membership has to be
    > associated (as reflected into userspace) with the descriptor, not the file.

    Eric already answered to your question (epoll deals with internal kernel
    objects - aka file*).
    I just want to answer this one for another reason. WTF is wrong with all
    of you Cc-list-trimmers?
    Could you *please* stop trimming Cc-lists?

    - Davide

      Last update: 2007-10-28 19:51    [W:0.051 / U:70.040 seconds]