    SubjectRe: [0/3] Distributed storage. Mirror algo extension for automatic recovery.
    Hi Andrew.

    On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 01:55:38PM -0700, Andrew Morton ( wrote:
    > > I'm pleased to announce sixth release of the distributed storage
    > > subsystem, which allows to form a storage on top of remote and local
    > > nodes, which in turn can be exported to another storage as a node to
    > > form tree-like storages.
    > I went back and re-read last month's discussion and I'm not seeing any
    > reason why we shouldn't start thinking about merging this.
    > How close is it to that stage? A peek at your development blog indicates
    > that things are still changing at a moderate rate?

    I completed storage layer development itself, the only remaining todo item
    is to implement new redundancy algorithm, but I did not see major demand
    on that, so it will stay for now with low priority.

    I will use DST as a transport layer for distributed filesystem, and
    probably that will require additional features, I have no clean design so
    far, but right now I have nothing in the pipe to commit to DST.

    Evgeniy Polyakov

      Last update: 2007-10-27 12:37    [W:0.018 / U:3.076 seconds]