    SubjectNetworked filesystems vs backing_dev_info
    Hi,

    I had me a little look at bdi usage in networked filesystems.

    NFS, CIFS, (smbfs), AFS, CODA and NCP

    And of those, NFS is the only one that I could find that creates
    backing_dev_info structures. The rest seems to fall back to
    default_backing_dev_info.

    With my recent per bdi dirty limit patches the bdi has become more
    important than it has been in the past. While falling back to the
    default_backing_dev_info isn't wrong per-se, it isn't right either.

    Could I implore the various maintainers to look into this issue for
    their respective filesystem. I'll try and come up with some patches to
    address this, but feel free to beat me to it.

    peterz

      Last update: 2007-10-27 11:37    [W:0.043 / U:1.420 seconds]