SubjectRe: per BDI dirty limit (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.24)
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 17:10 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 16:48 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
>
> > I appreciate the sysfs people their opinion that /sys/bdi/ might not be the
> > best from their POV, however I'm not seeing where to hook the BDI object from
> > so that it all makes sense, a few of the things are currently not exposed in
> > sysfs at all, like the NFS and FUSE things.
>
> What happended to the idea to create a "bdi" class, and have the
> existing devices as parents, and for stuff that is not (not now, or
> never) in sysfs, no parent is set.

Must have forgotten about that, mainly because I'm not sure I fully
understand it.

So we create a class, create these objects, which are all called bdi and
have children with these attributes in it.

Now, I supposed there is a directory that lists all unparented thingies,
how do I locate the one that matches my nfs mount?