    SubjectRe: msync(2) bug(?), returns AOP_WRITEPAGE_ACTIVATE to userland
    That's a nice historical review, Huge, of how got into these mess we're in
    now -- it all starts with good intentions. :-)

    On a related note, I would just love to get rid of calling the lower
    ->writepage in unionfs b/c I can't even tell if I have a lower page to use
    all the time. I'd prefer to call vfs_write() if I can, but I'll need a
    struct file, or at least a dentry.

    What ecryptfs does is store a struct file inside it's inode, so it can use
    it later in ->writepage to call vfs_write on the lower f/s. And Unionfs may
    have to go in that direction too, but this trick is not terribly clean --
    storing a file inside an inode.

    I realize that the calling path to ->writepage doesn't have a file/dentry
    any more, but if we're considering larger changes to the writepage related
    code, can we perhaps consider passing a file or dentry to >writepage (same
    as commit_write, perhaps).

    Thanks,
    Erez.

      Last update: 2007-10-25 18:51    [W:0.019 / U:60.100 seconds]