    SubjectRe: [bug] block subsystem related crash with latest -git

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > So I think your change to use "sg_next()" only when you actually need a
    > next pointer is the correct one after all.

    That still leaves the initialization issue. The link pointers need to all
    be initialized at SG allocation time (and not just the last one for the
    case where it's a linked entry).

    And if you initialize them at allocation time, does an allocation ever get
    re-used without being free'd in between (if it does, you do indeed need to
    initialize the non-link pointers each time - but I don't see it being the
    case, so ..)

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-10-17 20:25    [W:0.021 / U:62.888 seconds]