SubjectRe: arcmsr changelog differs from diffs
Hi Hans,

On 2007.10.17 12:41:11 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Dear Björn,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 02:53 schrieb Björn Steinbrink:
> > And then, if I may guess, James probably just noticed that there were
> > changes left and commited them (while they were now down to just the
> > whitespace change), without checking what changes were actually left (no
> > offense intended). At least I think that git wouldn't cripple the diff
> > if the changes that James checked in were not already whitespace-only at
> > the time he commited them, and the git history of his tree seems to
> > agree.
>
> (*) Thanks for the clarification, Björn. What made me stumbling was the
> different orginators, while Jeff isn't known with catching attention by
> assimilating other peoples contributions.

I'm just guessing here, and certainly don't want to blame anyone, but
Jeff's original patch was from July, while the only date I can find for
Nick's commit is September 13th. So it was probably Nick who integrated
Jeff's changes into his commit (maybe thinking that Jeff's patch got
lost), not Jeff assimilating a subset of Nick's changes.

Björn

  Last update: 2007-10-17 15:05    [W:0.092 / U:0.032 seconds]