SubjectRe: PCIe Hotplug: NFG unless I boot with card already inserted.
Kristen Carlson Accardi wrote:
> I tried to reproduce this on a Lenovo T61, which does have proper firmware
> support for _OSC, and also has been validated, and the driver which is
> in 2.6.23-git8 seems to work fine, even across suspend resume. I suspect
> that your system just doesn't support pcie hotplug properly.

No, the hardware seems to work perfectly.

We just have a software issue. We *know* it's only software
because rmmod+modprobe fixes things, without any hardware intervention.

I believe the code is leaning too heavily on the BIOS for stuff,
and like lots of other parts of the kernel we'll need an alternate
strategy for when things aren't "perfect".

> You might try getting a BIOS update from Dell.

The machine already has the latest BIOS, thanks.

Cheers

  Last update: 2007-10-16 22:41    [W:0.068 / U:0.224 seconds]