    SubjectRe: WANTED: kernel projects for CS students
    On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:54:42PM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
    > Sam Ravnborg wrote:

    > >> Is there already a make config option that will do a good job at setting
    > >> a default .config file based on what is already running on a system?
    > > I have discussed this briefly with Kay Sievers.
    > > What udev can provide is the list of modules needed, so what the kernel
    > > need to provide is a simple module to CONFIG option(s) converter + a base
    > > config to start out with.
    > > Nothing particular difficult but needs a few days work to do.
    >
    > could you explain better what you need? I think I've already such
    > tools ;-)

    base function:
    Starting from a stock distro (FC, Ubuntu, OpenSuSE...) and put down a
    kernel.org tree and automatically create a .config with all the drivers
    needed for the platform I'm building on.

    expert configs for different applications:
    laptop battery, vitalization, HPC, tiny, multi-media, testing

    --mgross

      Last update: 2007-10-16 22:09    [W:0.027 / U:184.372 seconds]