SubjectRe: PCIe Hotplug: NFG unless I boot with card already inserted.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:39:33 -0400
Mark Lord <> wrote:

> I also checked my modprobe.d/ options, and I am using pciehp_force=1.
> Without that flag, none of this ever works.

OK - I suspected something like this. Most Dell computers don't support
ExpressCard hotplug using Native PCIe -- in fact, I've not seen a single
one, they explicitly disable it because they have not validated it or
they have and something didn't work right. I'll take a look at what you've
got, but be aware that you are forcing pciehp to load and operate on a system
where they've certainly either not tested it, or tested it and something
bad happened.