    SubjectRe: PCIe Hotplug: NFG unless I boot with card already inserted.
    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:39:33 -0400
    Mark Lord <> wrote:

    > I also checked my modprobe.d/ options, and I am using pciehp_force=1.
    > Without that flag, none of this ever works.

    OK - I suspected something like this. Most Dell computers don't support
    ExpressCard hotplug using Native PCIe -- in fact, I've not seen a single
    one, they explicitly disable it because they have not validated it or
    they have and something didn't work right. I'll take a look at what you've
    got, but be aware that you are forcing pciehp to load and operate on a system
    where they've certainly either not tested it, or tested it and something
    bad happened.

      Last update: 2007-10-16 20:55    [W:0.020 / U:75.468 seconds]