    SubjectRe: how to use TLB to prevent Linux accessing a particular memory region

    Really, it sounds more like you want a custom driver that "owns" that
    region of memory so it's marked as used and this driver is the gate
    keeper. I wonder if the console frame buffer driver for the mips ip32
    arch might be a good example for you as it swallows a several meg chunk of
    memory for the display.

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, veerasena reddy wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a board, which has two processors ( one is MIPS
    > on which Linux-2.6.18 kernel runs and another is DSP
    > based processor) and 32MB DDR.
    > Out of 32MB of DDR 8MB is reserved for use by DSP
    > processor. But the MIPS processor downloads firmware
    > into this reserved memory for the DSP.
    > Now, is it possible to use the TLB to prevent Linux
    > from accessing the reserved memory after the firmware
    > has been downloaded?
    > Also we'd need to remove those TLB entries if the
    > firmware would ever need to be reloaded to the DSP'
    > memory region.
    > What are the APIs to be used to achieve the above?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Regards,
    > Veerasena.
    > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to

      Last update: 2007-10-16 16:31    [W:0.023 / U:0.088 seconds]