SubjectRe: how to use TLB to prevent Linux accessing a particular memory region

Really, it sounds more like you want a custom driver that "owns" that
region of memory so it's marked as used and this driver is the gate
keeper. I wonder if the console frame buffer driver for the mips ip32
arch might be a good example for you as it swallows a several meg chunk of
memory for the display.