    SubjectRe: WANTED: kernel projects for CS students
    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:40:34 +0800
    WANG Cong <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:

    > >http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects
    >
    > Thanks very much, Rik. I need this eagerly.
    >
    > I want to find a kernel project that can both be my graduation thesis
    > and contribute to the Linux kernel community. I read that page and
    > think your project--Swapout Clustering is interesting for me.
    > Is it alright for me to work on it? And can you give some help?

    You would be the third student to take on that project
    simultaneously. That is not a problem for me (on the
    contrary, it increases the chances of one codebase being
    likeable to Linus), but it does decrease the chances of
    your patch being the one to make it upstream.

    Still, it should be a fun project to implement and
    benchmark, so go ahead if you want.