    SubjectRe: WANTED: kernel projects for CS students

    On Oct 14, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > The kernel newbies community often gets inquiries from CS students who
    > need a project for their studies and would like to do something with
    > the Linux kernel, but would also like their code to be useful to the
    > community afterwards.
    > In order to make it easier for them, I am trying to put together a
    > page with projects that:
    > - Are self contained enough that the students can implement the
    > project by themselves, since that is often a university requirement.
    > - Are self contained enough that Linux could merge the code (maybe
    > with additional changes) after the student has been working on it
    > for a few months.
    > - Are large enough to qualify as a student project, luckily there is
    > flexibility here since we get inquiries for anything from 6 week
    > projects to 6 month projects.
    > If you have ideas on what projects would be useful, please add them
    > to this page (or email me):

    I'm also quite interested in what compsci students can do for the
    kernel project. I'm currently doing a little embedded development and
    research at school, but I and a few others would jump at the chance
    to work on the kernel (besides finding duplicate problems that the
    x86 merge is already taking care of, of course. ;)

    Also (as an aside), we're looking at redoing our operating systems
    curriculum out here at school...anyone aware of (relatively good) OS
    curricula? (time scope: one semester.)

    Doug Whitesell
    CSU Channel Islands - Computer Science
    "Unprecedented performance: nothing we had has ever worked like this

      Last update: 2007-10-15 19:07    [W:0.030 / U:8.116 seconds]