    SubjectRe: sata_sil24 broken since 2.6.23-rc4-mm1
    On 10/11/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >> Thanks a lot for tracking this down. Does changing the above code fix
    > >> your problem?
    > >
    > > I did not try it.
    > > I'm not an libata expert and while this change looks suspicios, I
    > > can't be 100% sure if that change was intended.
    > > And I did not want to experiment this deep in the code and risk
    > > corrupting the hole drive.
    >
    > I don't think you would risk too much by changing that bit of code.
    > Please try it.

    The debug output now shows that SGE_TRM is getting set.
    I will try to reproduce the error tomorrow morning, and report if I'm
    still seeing it.

    Reporting that I'm no longer see it is sadly not a good indicator, as
    it also seems to depend on other factors like memory layout and/or
    code alignment.

    Torsten

      Last update: 2007-10-11 19:53    [W:0.030 / U:1.112 seconds]