SubjectRe: Memory controller merge (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.24)
Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:51:11 +0530
> Balbir Singh <balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> I was hopeful of getting the bare minimal infrastructure for memory
>> control in mainline, so that review is easy and additional changes
>> can be well reviewed as well.
>
> I am not yet convinced that the way the memory controller code and
> lumpy reclaim have been merged is correct. I am combing through the
> code now and will send in a patch when I figure out if/what is wrong.

Hi, Rik,

Do you mean the way the memory controller and lumpy reclaim work
together? The reclaim in memory controller (on hitting the limit) is not
lumpy. Would you like to see that change?

Please do share your findings in the form of comments or patches.

> I ran into this because I'm trying to merge the split VM code up to
> the latest -mm...

Interesting, I'll see if I can find some spare test cycles to help test
this code.

--
Warm Regards,
Balbir Singh