SubjectRe: 2.6.21 -> 2.6.22 & 2.6.23-rc8 performance regression
Date
Well, i can play a bit more on "live" servers. I have now hot-swap server with
full gentoo, where i can rebuild any kernel you want, with any applied patch.
But it looks more like not overhead, load becoming high too "spiky", and it is
not just permantenly higher. Also it is not normal that all system becoming
unresposive (for example ping 127.0.0.1 becoming 300ms for period, when usage
softirq jumps to 100%).

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:12:59 -0700 (PDT), David Miller wrote

--
Denys Fedoryshchenko
Technical Manager