SubjectRe: Accelerated driver for linux 2.6
On 1/9/07, Rok Markovic <kernel@kanardia.eu> wrote:
> I want to write open source driver. BUT I don't know if i am allowed to
> do this. Our company is small, just a few researchers, and most of software
> written is published under GPL licence (not all, but that is firmware for uC),
> all of the communication protocols are public and API is well documented,
> because we all agreed that we are selling hardware not software.
>
> Our lawyer will review the licence, and then I can tell you more.

Ok, sounds good. Pop over to http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/ and
look at what they are doing. For the linux kernel, you are interested
in the DRM component. You should read this link:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/dri-explanation.txt

which explains what each component in the linux graphics pipeline does.

Also have a look at this link:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/MesaDriver

Hope that helps you.

Trent

  Last update: 2007-01-09 10:11    [W:0.051 / U:1.012 seconds]