    SubjectRe: Accelerated driver for linux 2.6
    On 1/9/07, Rok Markovic <kernel@kanardia.eu> wrote:
    > I want to write open source driver. BUT I don't know if i am allowed to
    > do this. Our company is small, just a few researchers, and most of software
    > written is published under GPL licence (not all, but that is firmware for uC),
    > all of the communication protocols are public and API is well documented,
    > because we all agreed that we are selling hardware not software.
    >
    > Our lawyer will review the licence, and then I can tell you more.

    Ok, sounds good. Pop over to http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/ and
    look at what they are doing. For the linux kernel, you are interested
    in the DRM component. You should read this link:

    http://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/dri-explanation.txt

    which explains what each component in the linux graphics pipeline does.

    Also have a look at this link:

    http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/MesaDriver

    Hope that helps you.

    Trent

      Last update: 2007-01-09 10:11    [W:0.029 / U:147.888 seconds]