SubjectRe: Accelerated driver for linux 2.6
On 1/9/07, Rok Markovic <> wrote:
> I want to write open source driver. BUT I don't know if i am allowed to
> do this. Our company is small, just a few researchers, and most of software
> written is published under GPL licence (not all, but that is firmware for uC),
> all of the communication protocols are public and API is well documented,
> because we all agreed that we are selling hardware not software.
> Our lawyer will review the licence, and then I can tell you more.

Ok, sounds good. Pop over to and
look at what they are doing. For the linux kernel, you are interested
in the DRM component. You should read this link:

which explains what each component in the linux graphics pipeline does.

Also have a look at this link:

Hope that helps you.