    SubjectRe: 2.6.20-rc4: regression: iptables failed to load rules

    On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Tomasz Kvarsin wrote:

    > During boot into 2.6.20-rc4 iptables says
    > iptables-restore: line 15 failed.
    > And works fine with my default kernel: 2.6.18.x

    I bet you enabled the new transport-agnostic netfilter, and didn't enable
    some of the actual rules needed for your iptables setup (they have new
    config names).

    I do think that the netfilter team has been very irritating in changing
    the config names, even if it "is logical".

    Somebody should stop the madness, and tell people what config options they
    need for a regular iptables setup like this. Rather than say "just compile
    everything". There's about a million different filters, and they all
    depend on one infrastructure or another.

    And then the networking people should F*NG STOP that config name changing
    madness! The config names should match the _usage_, not some
    implementation detail. And failing that, leave the config options named
    something illogical, as long as people don't have to change their config
    file all the time and answer millions of questions that they don't care
    about!

    David, please crack some heads.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.022 / U:0.356 seconds]