SubjectRe: AHCI IDENTIFY problem only on x86_64
Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> so, the problem is already solved then? at what minimal kernel version
> was that problem solved?
>
> i didn't see it in the changelogs, but i may not have seen them all...
>
> If i know the version, i can submit the info to them...

The SATA drivers have seen /hundreds/ of changes since your kernel was
released, and the problem you describe is a symptom of /multiple/
problems that were fixed in the following kernels.

It's unfortunately your task, and the task of the 2.6.16.* maintainer,
to track this down further if you care. Most developers concentrate on
the current kernel, otherwise we wind up fixing the same bugs over and
over again.

That's what distros pay people to do, care about older kernels...

Jeff

  Last update: 2007-01-09 13:03    [W:0.031 / U:0.436 seconds]