SubjectRe: Multi kernel tree support on the same distro?
On 1/7/07, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> As I already explained in another mail, 2.4.34 builds with gcc-4.1 on x86
> and a few other archs. I also explained how to do this :
>
> $ make CC=gcc-4.1
>
> I don't know how I can explain it to you an easier way, but what I'm sure
> about is that if you are having such big trouble understanding simple
> commands like this, you will certainly encounter many more when building
> your own distro.

I have understood that, it seems I have confused (and myself too) with
my doubts on gcc/kernel versions (getting into details).

> > Whole idea is to have 2 compilers (gcc-3.4.x, gcc-4.1.x) on the both
> > the kernels.
>
> That's what I understood and the need I replied too the first time.

Thanks a lots for your inputs. I shall post more questions once I
progress with this experimental work :-)

> Willy

~Akula2

  Last update: 2007-01-07 18:55    [W:0.145 / U:0.552 seconds]