SubjectRe: S.M.A.R.T no longer available in 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 with libata
On Thursday 04 January 2007 17:12, Ed Sweetman wrote:
>Alistair John Strachan wrote:
>> On Thursday 04 January 2007 01:50, Ed Sweetman wrote:
>>> Not sure what went on between 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 and 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 in
>>> libata land but SMART is no longer available on my hdds. I'm
>>> assuming this is not the intended behavior.
>>>
>>> In case this is chipset specific, IDE interface: nVidia Corporation
>>> CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)
>>>
>>> I'm using Libata nvidia driver, the drives happen to be sata drives,
>>> but even the pata ones no longer report having SMART.
>>
>> What program are you trying to use here? As I reported around -rc1
>> time, hddtemp is broken by 2.6.20-rc but Jens posted a patch to fix
>> it.

Which I believe must already be in -rc3. I just started it after
configuring it, restarted gkrellm and there they all were. But I haven't
tried any earlier kernels with it either.

>I must have missed that blurb. hddtemp is indeed the program I was
>looking at. And it does seem that it is the only one broken. Just
>re-installed the other smartctl tools and they do work. Thanks.
>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
> in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are:

  Last update: 2007-01-05 03:15    [W:0.050 / U:2.136 seconds]