    SubjectRe: sonypc with Sony Vaio VGN-SZ1VP
    On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 11:09:44AM +0100, Stelian Pop wrote:

    > > > How long is this going to take ?
    > >
    > > How about 2.6.21?
    >
    > Good news !
    >
    > > What needs to happen is
    > > 1. a maintainer for sony_acpi.c needs to step forward
    > > I can't do this, I'm not allowed to be in the reverse engineering business.
    >
    > Well, I can't do this either, because I just don't have the required
    > hardware anymore.
    >
    > If someone want to step forward now it is a great time !

    I have the hw and I'd be happy to do some basic working on the code
    but:
    - I'll probably need some help;
    - I'll have an almost-blackout between the end of February and the end
    of April as I'm moving to a different country and I'll need some time
    before I can be active again (I hope I'll have at least easy mail
    access for all the time though).
    Anyway if it is still ok I can maintain the thing, to months seems
    enough to give the driver a shape.

    > > 2. /proc/acpi/sony API needs to be deleted
    > >
    > > 3. source needs to move out of drivers/acpi, and into drivers/misc along with msi.

    And turn extra-backlight features into platform_device stuff? So 2 and 3
    can come together.

    Moreover, I own an SZ72B and an older GR7 and have come to the same
    findings of Cacy, plus a patch to allow a smarter "debug" mode.
    So, how to proceed? (I've just cloned the linux-acpi-2.6 tree)

    Thanks Len, Thanks Stelian
    --
    mattia
    :wq!