    SubjectRe: 2.6.19 and up to 2.6.20-rc2 Ethernet problems x86_64
    On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 03:32:01PM +0000, Sid Boyce wrote:
    > Jarek Poplawski wrote:
    > >If you could send full ifconfig, route -n (or ip route
    > >if you use additional tables) and tcpdump (all packets)
    > >from both boxes while pinging each other and a few words
    > >how it is connected (other cards, other active boxes in
    > >the network?) maybe something more could be found.
    > Everything is fine with a eepro100 on the 64x2 box that gave the same
    > problem with a nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a1)
    > using the forcedeth module. On the x86_64 laptop the problem is with a
    > Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5788 using the tg3 module. Switching back to a
    > kernel, there is no problem.
    > With all configurations of cards on both, route -n is the same on all
    > kernels and instantly reports back. With >=2.6.19 on the laptop, netstat
    > -r takes a very long time before returning the information ~30 seconds,
    > instantly on

    This could be a problem with DNS. Could you do all tests
    (including pinging) with -n option?

    I've read your other message on netdev and see you
    have firewall working and addresses from various
    networks in logs. I think it would be much easier
    to exclude possible network config errors and try
    to isolate pinging problems by connecting (with
    switch or even crossed cable if possible) only 2
    boxes with firewalls and other net devices disabled
    and try to repeat this pinging with tcpdumps.

    Jarek P.

      Last update: 2007-01-03 11:49    [W:0.031 / U:1.080 seconds]