    SubjectGITWEB branch shortlog broken after recent update on
    Ever since gitweb on was recently updated, I've been experiencing a
    nasty bug -- It seems that it is no longer possible to view a shortlog from any
    branch or head other than master.

    For example:

    ^^ this is a link to my v4l-dvb-2.6.x.y stable repository. I have branched off
    each kernel release to include all of the -stable release history. You will
    notice these in the 'heads' section near the bottom of the page.

    If you click on the 2.6.16.y shortlog link:;a=shortlog;h=2.6.16.y

    gitweb displays the shortlog from the master branch, instead of the 2.6.16.y head.

    However, if you click the "log" link:;a=log;h=2.6.16.y

    Only then, does gitweb show us the correct history for that branch.

    "tree" is also working properly -- it seems that "shortlog" is the only feature
    affected by this bug.

    In the previous vesion of gitweb installed on, this feature did
    indeed function properly.

    Can this be fixed? I often use gitweb to view changesets in developer trees
    before those changesets get pulled into the master branch of a repository. I
    find this feature very helpful for reviewing changesets, and I'd like for it to
    work again.

    Thanks in advance,

    Michael Krufky

      Last update: 2007-01-03 20:49    [W:0.019 / U:14.936 seconds]