    SubjectRe: unfixed regression in 2.6.20-rc6 (since 2.6.19)
    On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 01:31:09AM +0000, Oleg Verych wrote:

    > > From: Rainer Weikusat
    > > Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
    > > Subject: Re: unfixed regression in 2.6.20-rc6 (since 2.6.19)
    > > Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:34:56 +0100
    >
    > Hallo.
    >
    > > Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
    > []
    > >> Please work to see what is wrong with the existing patch. Is there
    > >> anything that I can do to help you out?
    > >
    > > This thing has consumed something like sixteen hours of my life in
    > > total, with a gain-to-be-expected of exactly zero (I don't need to run
    > > 'current' kernels on my work machine, I have just grown into the habit
    > > of doing so) and those sixteen hours cannot come back (and I even have
    > > had these type of discussions around 'should it rather look like math
    > > or rather like text' in sufficent quantities :->), so, except that I
    > > would be very much obliged to you if a fix for this issue could go
    > > into the 'official' tree rather sooner than later, no.
    >
    > It's hot here.
    >
    > I'm in similar situation (even *usb-serial* driver [TI USB] led me there;)

    No, not at all. Your situation is you object to the current way the USB
    subsystem binds devices to drivers (well, interfaces), and wish to rip
    the firmware out of a usb-serial driver that is working just fine right
    now.

    I still don't understand why you wish to take the firmware out and move
    it to userspace, why do you want to do this?

    Rainer's problem is a real bug in the USB driver code, which we need to
    work on getting fixed, vastly different from your objections.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2007-01-30 00:47    [W:0.045 / U:30.056 seconds]