SubjectRe: Boot problems with pata_via driver
On 1/29/07, Patrick Ale <patrick.ale@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 12:47:18PM +0100, Patrick Ale wrote:
>

> > Hi Patrick,

Morning!
The 2.6.19 was self-compiled, using the gentoo-sources-rc4 AND using
the vanilla 2.6.19 from kernel.org (I was recommended to use vanilla
sources with my ATI drivers), both worked.

2.6.20 is self compiled to. I will give you the kernel output when I
am at home, I will have to connect a serial cable to my laptop and use
the scrollbuffer since on a kernel panic or system crash my keyboard
leds start to blink, which the kernel sees as a device addressing
hardware directly and giving me a kernel message for every blink :D

Oh, and pata_via is the ONLY driver I have compiled built-in,
regarding libsata. As I mentioned in previous mails I have quite some
controllers and disks, but pata_via (my onboard IDE) has only two
drives attaches, on IDE0 (in 2.6.19 ata0) my boot disk

I also tried to boot with scsi_mod.scan=sync, this didnt work either

More info follows, thanks for your time allready :)

Patrick

  Last update: 2007-01-29 08:37    [W:0.046 / U:0.252 seconds]