SubjectHow to create a fixed length character/block device/file ?
Sorry if this is the wrong list.  I've search google, but have not found
solution to my problem.

I have a long running application which split out lots of debugging
information. I can't redirect the output to a regular file because that
file would grow and eat up all the diskspace. I can't redirect to
/dev/null. What I want is the last 1MB of the output before my
application terminated. So I need to create a special file / device on
the system. Please tell me if there is an existing device that I can
use, or point me in the right direction so that I can role my own device.

Khai Doan

  Last update: 2007-01-26 21:27    [W:0.069 / U:29.400 seconds]