SubjectRe: 5 patches: updates to SPI and mmc_spi, kernel 2.6.19
> From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:59:37 -0800

> So to summarize ... you now have MMC-over-SPI working on CRIS
> hardware, with these patches?

Yes. FWIW, we'll ship with our ETRAX FS developer boards, soon
enough (in a week or so, knock-on-wood).

> Can you yet run filesystem
> stress tests with ext3 on such an MMC card,

I'd have to configure it in, but I guess I could, if you're not
happy with just vfat. I just copied (tarred both to file, and
separately copied the tree through tar) 174 MeB from a USB stick
to separately a 512 MeB SDcard and a 2 GiB MMC card and they
both read out correctly from an (USB) SDcard reader connected to
my PC. Is there a specific test you have in mind?

(I finally hashed out the "DMA" problems I've had. I mistakenly
thought that a wait_for_completion_timeout return of 0 meant
that the completion didn't happen, grr! Buggy or just confusing
API? Kind-of the same problem as with your scanbyte timeout!
Looks like this kind of bug is elsewhere in the kernel too.)

> or is this more at
> the level of everything working with light/early test loads,
> so it's time to see if other folk can reproduce your results?

What's the difference? :-) (Don't forget, it's considered ok to
include experimental drivers on developer boards.)

brgds, H-P

  Last update: 2007-01-26 15:35    [W:0.055 / U:0.076 seconds]