    SubjectRe: Juju
    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 03:35:19 +0100, Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:

    > The fundamental thing about SBP-2 is that ORBs ( = SCSI command blocks
    > plus SBP-2 header) and data buffers all reside in the memory of the
    > initiator (or of a 3rd party on the FireWire bus).

    I recognize the concept, I worked with SRP in Infiniband a bit.

    > The target wrote an SBP-2 status block into our memory. The status block
    > contains the FireWire bus address of the ORB to which it belongs. [...]

    I see. SRP has a more flexible tag which can be used to look up
    the just completed command more effectively. But if we only submit
    one, it's a moot point of course.

    > [...] Since there aren't many
    > mapped ORBs per target, a linked list is a reasonable data structure to
    > search over.

    Righto. I'm used to having thousands of oustanding commands in arrays.

    -- Pete

      Last update: 2007-01-26 05:53    [W:0.020 / U:0.056 seconds]